HARVEY AGENCY is looking for a top notch, intuitive, kind, intelligent office manager with strong AP/AR skills to join our team.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to love variety, work independently, communicate well and be organized. A positive spirit and a “can do” attitude is essential.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a proven track record in Office Administration. You must have a proven ability to work under pressure and prioritize. The right candidate will play an integral part in the future of our company.
Reports to the CFO.
Duties will include a variety of administrative, clerical and financial tasks including but not limited to:
- Account Receivables
- Account Payables
- W9 and Confidentiality form processing
Assist with HR functions including:
- New Hire Setup
- PTO tracking
- Benefits Enrollment
- Training and on-boarding new employees in key systems at Agency
- Ensure job descriptions for all positions are accurate and up to date.
Additional tasks include:
- Communicates regularly with president/management team to ensure that office needs are met, and regarding revision of planned expenditures.
- Provides professional support to the President and other managers as requested.
- Coordinates arrangements for breakfast/lunch meetings with clients as requested.
- Organizes/manages company functions i.e. Company meetings, luncheons, parties, etc.
- Arranges all travel requirements needed for business related functions i.e. conference tickets, industry events, hotel, plane tickets, train tickets, etc.
- Generates (Types/word processes) proposals, correspondence or any other documents as requested (except media, contracts, invoices, purchase orders), using MS Office. Strong computer skills required.
- Maintains current computer-based skills related to daily job functions; notifies director of operations/ office manager of computer hardware/software and training requirements.
- Approves administrative purchases (other than major equipment purchases or capital expenditures), working with the CFO to stay within budget plans.
- Establishes and oversees agency records maintenance procedures to ensure all business operations information is correct and readily available.
- Negotiates service maintenance agreements with selected providers to achieve the best service at the best price in conjunction with the CFO.
- Authorizes service calls for repair and maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, printers, postage metering equipment, etc.
- Answers all phone calls in a friendly but professional manner and forwards all calls to the appropriate staff members promptly and smoothly.
- Receives all company mail and forwards to appropriate agency personnel. Receives and signs for all deliveries/courier shipments, notifies appropriate personnel when packages/deliveries arrive.
- Arranges all courier pickups. Prepares courier/shipping labels per instructions provided by staff members. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence on request, including processing letters, labels and envelopes.
- Maintains reception area to ensure a professional and welcoming appearance. Includes keeping magazines up-to-date and keeping a supply of company brochure/literature on display.
- Greets all visitors to agency promptly and in a welcoming manner, and acts as hostess until appropriate personnel are notified of visitor’s arrival (including offering/preparing beverages for visitor). Notifies appropriate agency personnel of arrival of any such visitors.
- Ensures maintenance of clean, healthy office environment for all personnel, and maintains an attractive office appearance for visitors and clients. Authorizes engagement of an office cleaning/maintenance service and regularly reviews delivery and quality of this service.